What is a company retirement plan?
A retirement plan is a financial arrangement set up by an employer, designed to replace employment income upon retirement for participants and beneficiaries.
Why have a company retirement plan?
A retirement plan has many benefits for you, your business and your employees. Retirement plans allow you to invest now for financial security when you and your employees retire. As a bonus, you and your employees get significant tax advantages and other incentives. According to the IRS, some of the benefits include:
- Employer contributions are tax-deductible.
- Assets in the plan grow tax-free.
- Flexible plan options are available.
- A retirement plan can attract and retain better employees, reducing training costs.
- Employee contributions can reduce current taxable income.
- Contributions and investment gains are not taxed until distributed.
- Contributions are easy to make through payroll deductions.
- Compounding interest over time allows small regular contributions to grow to significant retirement savings.
- Retirement assets can be carried from one employer to another.
- Employee has an opportunity to improve financial security in retirement.
Retirement plans have many crucial benefits to both employers and employees. For business owners managing the retirement plans that your employees are counting on can be a daunting responsibility. Regency is here to:
- Identify and discuss the qualified plan types that meet the goals of the business owners (for new plans)
- Prepare an investment policy statement
- Assist in the development of diversified investment options
- Conduct initial and on-going due diligence to provide the plan participants premier investment choices
- Monitor the investment piece of the plan to remain compliant with regulations
- Provide an employee education program, including one-on-one discussions with plan participants about investment options as needed
- Assist business owners and other trustees in meeting ongoing fiduciary responsibilities
- Collaborate with Plan Administrators
Whether it be an existing plan or a new plan, we have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the complicated retirement plan process. Regency is here to serve you and your participants.
Open Architecture (401k) Plan Structure
Benefits of Open Architecture
- Ability to assemble “best in class” service providers
- Full fee transparency
- All aspects tailored to your needs
- Each provider must be competitive
- Each provider is accountable to you
- Ability to change one without having to change all